,Psilocybin is a naturally occurring compound which is existing in 200+ species of mushrooms. It is belonging to the Psilocybe genus. According to one of the studies published in the Journal Nature Medicine, this particular compound, also known as magic mushrooms had been found to make the brain of individuals much more interconnected. The magic mushrooms act as hallucinogenic fungi. The chemical compound present in psilocybin is capable of triggering hallucinations. It is actually a sense of euphoria. So, it transforms the perception of both time and space in the individuals. Since the psilocybin compounds have not yet been legalized and their actions have not been monitored and thus, there are potential risks of taking psilocybin.
Let’s have a look at potential risks associated with consuming magic mushrooms:
• Psilocybin is capable of activating serotonin receptors within the brain. So, it triggers vivid hallucinations. Due to the limited studies conducted on magic mushrooms, in a controlled environment and dosages, such recreational drugs are likely to have varied outcomes.
• One of the most common and potential risks of taking psilocybin is the bad trip. This might be involving unpleasant and physical signs. It may be involving nausea, vomiting, or even headaches. So, the user of magic mushrooms might be experiencing negative psychological impacts. This may include paranoia, anxiety, or maybe extreme fear.
• Psychological distress is another common potential risk of taking psilocybin. It is one of the most common adverse impacts that has been reported in some of the uses of magic mushrooms. This can actually range from experiencing a bad trip to most disturbing hallucinations that can actually last for many days.
• So, under normal circumstances, there can be mind alteration impacts of psilocybin comprising of mushrooms. It will be lasting from 6 to 8 hours. It depends upon the dosages, process of preparation as well as personal metabolism. The most intense is the initial first 3 to 4 hours. The overall impact seems to last much longer for the user. It is due to the capability of the psilocybin for altering time perception.
• Any individual who is already facing psychological issues or mood disorders should think twice before consuming magic mushrooms. It is because of how psilocybin is working in the brain. Consuming such chemical compounds may already have negative consequences on individuals whose mental health may get compromised.
• There is one more potential risk of taking psilocybin. The interaction of the compound when takes place with serotonin receptors within the prefrontal cortex is capable of altering the brain chemistry. This can make the condition of panic or bipolar disorder worse.
• Even individuals without suffering from any sort of pre-existing mental health issues might be experiencing enhanced panic attacks after consuming magic mushrooms.
• Furthermore, chronic intake of psilocybin may pose cardiovascular risks. It will be binding to the HT2B receptors. This can lead to an alteration in the structure as well as the shape of the heart valves. However, it won’t be an issue at all when you will be consuming the drug once in 3 to 4 days for years on end.
Since there are some potential risks of taking of psilocybin and thus, it is best to administer it under the guidance and supervision of a trained therapist. The clinician will be assisting out the people in preparing ahead of time in the manner to respond against the potential advisories of this compound. They will also be guiding the people through it if any problem arises. For more information on psilocybin, Psychedelic Drugs visit website https://brightmindsbio.com/