What is React Native ?
Benefits of React Native
- Code Reusability:
- One of the greatest boons of React Native is that developers need not rewrite codes each time they work on a different platform (iOS and Android). Around 90% of the codes can be reused between the two mobile development platforms.
- The code reusability feature reduces the production time and costs significantly.
- Live Reload: This feature allows the developers to identify and implement the changes in real-time. Any changes can be made while the app is loading, and it will reflect on the app with an automatic reload.
- Large Community Support: The development of React is a result of a community-driven approach. As a result of this, it has an active community of over 50,000 contributors.
Responsibilities of a React Native Developer
- Utilize Native APIs for solid integrations with both platforms – Android and iOS
- Write automated tests to ensure error-free code and performance.
- Work in harmony with other teams to ensure that the right product is built within the stipulated time frame and budget.
- Work enthusiastically within small teams that have other React Native programmers, designers, QA experts, and business leads.
- Work with native modules, whenever required.
- Enhance front-end modules with maximum code reusability and efficiency
React Native allows the developers to create a flawless experience for users of both Android & iOS. But what are the top skills that React Native developers must have in 2022? Let’s take a look.
Skills that React Native Developers Must Have in 2022
- It is essential for building components, creating the entire application logic and services, and understanding their flow.
- Know-how of Native iOS and Android Development:
- The developers must have all the rudimentary knowledge of how Native iOS and Android development.
- Kotlin, Java, or C, for successful React Native app development, all developers must have the basics covered to make the app work.
- HTML and CSS:
- HTML and CSS are one of the most typical skills in the developer community. Nevertheless, no enterprise software development company can look down on the importance of this skill set.
- The developers at any React Native software development company must be able to –
- Write semantic HTML tags
- Write CSS selectors
- Adept with CSS reset
- Master flexbox
- Understand box-model and how to reset the border-box
- The excellent part about JSX is that if you know HTML and CSS, you intuitively know how to work with JSX.
- Ability to Write Crisp and Clear Codes:
- The very basic element to the success of all React Native projects is the ability of the React Native app development company to write clear and concise codes.
- Writing crisp, consistent ,and understandable codes is essential because it makes the React Native mobile app development more accessible. The maintenance of the app also becomes easy both in the present and the future.
- App Performance Optimisation:
- A good developer must be conscious of looking at the product from the end-users point of view. It will allow the developer to work on the performance optimization aspect of the application.
- A React Native app development company likes to have developers who have a grip over concepts of benchmarking and improving as well as finding the best and feasible solutions. They must have the ability to see the bigger picture and have firm analytical skills.
- Git, as we know, is a DevOps tool used for source code management by the enterprise software development company.
- It is an essential part of a developer’s toolkit for storing projects on solutions like GitHub, Bitbucket, etc. The developers should be able to –
- Handling merge conflicts
- Track changes with add, commit, push and pull
- Merging and branching strategies
Don’t Forget About the Soft Skills-
While the knowledge of hard skills is necessary to design the app and write the code, an enterprise software development company will need developers with the soft skills that will steer them and the team in the right direction.
- Good Communication Skills:
- Building an application is not a solo activity. To be able to meet the end objective, a developer must be able to communicate clearly with the teammates and all other stakeholders. This will help them avoid any cost and time escalations.
- Problem Solving Ability:
- Each project brings a new challenge to the developers.
- Running into bottlenecks is no problem. However, the ability to use your analytical skills to rise above them defines the character of a developer.
- Drive to Learn:
- Learning never stops. As per StackOver Flow 2018 Survey, 87% of respondents taught themselves a new programming language or technology.
- To grow more and help the team do better, the developers must have it in them to be a part of the learning process throughout their professional careers.
- Team Player:
- An able developer must have the ability to operate in a team and not work in isolation. A good team player can play a vital role in agile teams where cooperation is crucial to finish the sprints.
The demand for React Native app development services is rising, but so is the number of developers. The competition to be amongst the best RN developers is tough, and therefore it is necessary to sharpen your skill set.
To be part of some of the best React Native apps development companies in 2022, mastering the above skills can be helpful.