What is a Call to Action?
A prompt button guiding users to take action that is profitable for the marketer is referred to as a call to action. A call to action is usually written in an instructive or directive tone like ‘Sign Up’ or ‘Buy Now’ to persuade the user to click the button to move ahead to the next step of a sales funnel. It can either be subtle or blunt, depending on the marketing strategy and campaign.
CTAs have widespread use in sales and marketing to implore the desired action from potential customers. A call to action can be used for several different purposes of sales and marketing strategies, including these:
- promote a special offer
- to grow your email list
- spread brand awareness through a piece of content
- sales through direct contact
CTA is considered as the conclusive step of the whole content or web page. It is commonly linked to a web page where users are directed to take further action.
Why Call to Action is Important?
A well-structured calls-to-action can help the marketers to lead their visitors through the sales funnel towards the checkout phase. It can directly impact your conversion rates. Adding a CTA at the perfect point can take the visitor in the right direction, optimizing conversion and ideally bestowing the company with a new loyal customer.
No matter if you are an extensive online clothing store, a small-scale candy store, or a technical mobile app development company, the use of effective CTAs can help you obtain the desired results.
You can involve different causes in your CTA. Whether you want to create a sense of urgency to improve sales or steer your users towards the sign-up step, it is advisable to make use of a Call to action button. It can pay off the efforts made in the entire ad copy. Without a clear CTA button, you might miss many potential leads without even knowing about them. Ensure your ad an actionable prompt whenever you add new content for your website, social media content, or other advertising campaigns. You will notice a visible improvement.
3 Major Reasons to Use CTAs
CTAs makes Your Sales Funnel Smoother
CTAs play an essential role in making the sales funnel smoother. These buttons work as a transition phase in the sales journey. Users are instructed to click on the given button to take a beneficial step on the road to sales. A CTA prompts a user to take immediate action, whether it is about asking them for email sign-up, blog reading, or contact information. The call to action button provokes the desired action with a well-structured CTA between the content.
Customers Want an Easy Access
CTAs are not only valuable from a seller perspective, but it is also important for potential buyers. Many people go through the content, visuals elements, or a video to find out how to connect to the seller or whatever the desired action is in different types of call to action. Potential customers and buyers expect CTA within the marketing efforts. For customers to take the next step, a call to action paves their way.
After they go through the ad copy or video ad, they can ideally be interested in engaging with your brand and therefore look for easy access to you. Fall just right to your customers’ expirations and come true to their intuitions by adding a call to action for them. Predictability makes a brand more trustworthy and engageable. This is one of the most crucial areas that are worth being as intuitive and predictable as possible.
Strong CTA on websites, social media, at the end of videos, SMS marketing, and other forms of advertising are expected parts of the sales and marketing funnel. CTAs make it easy for customers to do what the company wants them to do. That’s a two-way benefit, good for business and good for readers.
They Boost the Success of Digital Advertising
as you may know, unlike conventional marketing, digital advertising is full of subtlety, fun, predictability, and creating hype about the product or services. This is how it is expected to grab user’s attention and attract them towards the product. When they are attracted to the product, they are directed towards the sales funnel to end up purchasing from your company. CTA performs a meaningful role in achieving the results from this type of marketing.
How to use CTA’s?
There are different ways to create an effective and actionable call to action button. You can follow the following strategies to make an effective call to action for your digital marketing campaign.
- Make good design. With good design, you can grab users’ attention. A vivid button with a bright color can do the job well.
- Make it clear & visible. The button should ideally be in contrasting color with the page or email. Make sure the button is visible on the page so that users can notice it the most. The button and text size should be easily readable by the users to help them take the desired action.
- Add an attraction point. Adding a hint of benefit can entice readers to click on the button. Discounts or deals can get them to click and achieve the due benefit.
- Write the actionable copy. As apparent from the name itself, “call to action” is a prompt that urges people to take action. Therefore, it should be designed and declared in a way that compels users to take action. An effective CTA should include actionable words like learn more, discover, buy now, hire today, or contact now.
- Keep it short and precise. An effective and result-oriented call to action should be a phrase or short sentence no longer than 5-7 words.
- Add a sense of urgency. With a lot of options and alternatives, there are numerous ways a buyer can distract. It’s better to impose a sense of urgency in your CTA. Limited times offers or additional benefits for the first 50 customers can prompt users to take immediate action.