Almost every person experiences back pain at some stage in their lives. It occurs less among younger people, and has a higher incidence among older age groups. It often starts as a mild, niggling ache which can later progress into a full-blown pain. Severe back pain alter the course of your daily activities and even stop you from living your life to the fullest.
There are rising cases of back and shoulder pain in the UAE. The reasons are wide ranging: from injury to bone disease, and from improper posture to the wrong mattress. This article addresses the effect of mild back pain and how to remedy it with a memory foam mattress.
Back pain is terrible to live with!
The back is one of the most underrated parts of the body. Most of us do not realise how vital the back is in holding our weight, offering balance to sit and stand, and support when we lie down or recline in a chair.
If the back is not cushioned properly or exercised enough, it can soon become stiff and painful. Most forms of back pain are muscular in nature, though some may be joint-related (owing to arthritis, injury, wrong exercise, degenerative bone disease, etc.) Get your doctor to diagnose your specific form of back pain so that they may draw up the right treatment plan for it.
Back pain can be debilitating, and it can have adverse effects on your daily schedule. When allowed to progress without therapy, it can force you to change your posture, modify your furniture, and even take time off work. Chronic back pain is tough to live with, so make sure that you get treated for back and shoulder ache when you notice the first signs of them.
How your mattress affects your back
If only it were as simple as lying down on it and waking up the next day with no consequences! However, the mattress you sleep on every night has a lot to do with how your body responds to the pressures of a new day. The right mattress will not cause any problems; in fact, it will ensure a good night’s sleep.
- The first issue with the mattress is that it begins to sag under your body weight. It is commonly seen with plain foam mattresses, or soft mattresses. The sag happens under the back and hip area. The mattress may soon develop a visible ‘dip’. When this happens, it means that your body is curved unnaturally when you sleep – this can cause spinal misalignment, which eventually leads to soreness and back pain.
- Another issue is a hard mattress. These are mattresses that remain stiff and unyielding even when you lie down on them. The spine has a natural curvature, and the mattress must conform to it. When this does not happen, the back becomes stiff and painful.
- If you suffer from back and shoulder pain, or wake up several times in the night owing to body stiffness, you need to check your mattress for too much firmness, or a sag. If you notice either problem, or if the mattress is lumpy in some places, it is time to get a new mattress.
Get a memory foam mattress to solve the problem
- If your back pain is the result of a faulty mattress, then the problem is easily remedied by getting a new one. There are premium mattress stores online in the UAE. You can browse through their collections to find the right size and fit for your bed.
- We suggest buying a memory foam mattress to resolve your back pain. Memory foam is a material that moulds itself as per the curvature and weight points of your body. Thus, it offers a wonderful cushion to the spine and major joints of the body as you sleep.
- Scores of people in the UAE are witnessing the healing effects of memory foam mattresses, and how they dramatically improve sleep quality. With the back comfortably supported, you will wake up refreshed instead of sore and painful.
You can buy the best memory foam mattress online from leading mattress stores in the UAE. Don’t delay the purchase any longer – it’s a question of keeping your back in great health while getting great sleep.