QuickBooks data migration services are an essential part of converting the QB data to another device or version. There can be many reasons why users would want to move their company and essential data from one QB to another, and that is where the QuickBooks data conversion services come into the picture. Users can easily perform the conversion process in QuickBooks by following the detailed steps or procedures provided in the article below.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error message on your own, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Common Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online over the QuickBooks Desktop Version
If you want to move QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online, the following common advantages might be responsible for the choice –
- QuickBooks Online has more features as compared to QuickBooks Desktop, and the conversion process is totally free of cost, making it a penny-free, easy procedure.
- QuickBooks Online allows multiple users to access the data from anywhere, anytime, which leads to ease of operation.
- With QuickBooks Online, you can store your data in a cloud environment, which makes it secure and easy to access from any place by different users.
- There is no need to take regular data backups in QBO, which is an essential requirement in the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Recommended to read : How to fix QuickBooks Error 1625
How to Undertake the QuickBooks Desktop Data Migration Process Successfully?
You can perform the QuickBooks Online migration procedure by following the detailed steps provided below –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and log in as an admin to the company file you want to move to QBO, followed by pressing the F2 keys to access the Product Information window.
- Next, press the Ctrl + B + Q keys to go to the bottom of the product page and start moving your inventory to QBO by selecting Yes.
- Clarify the Starting Data from where you want to transfer your inventory to switch to QuickBooks Online, followed by waiting for the confirmation mail.
- Now, sign in to QBO and tap the company file you want to open by going to the QBO dashboard and start exporting the lists too.
- To set up the transferred inventory, you can go to the Settings tab to select the Account and Settings option, followed by selecting Sales.
- Click on Edit and go to the Products and Services section to turn on the Show Column and track the quantity, price, and in-hand quantity.
- Next, hit Save and calculate the inventory using the FIFO method, followed by completing the migration process and reviewing the transferred data by comparing different reports.
- Go to the Gear icon to confirm the company settings and connect your bank and credit card accounts from the Bookkeeping section.
- Once everything is set, you can start using QBO to access your data and perform various accounting and business operations with ease.
You can avail of the QuickBooks data migration services to convert your QB data to another version successfully. If there are issues in the conversion process, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct assistance from our team of QB technicians.
You may read also : What is QuickBooks Error PS038