Seeds are rich in nutrients & a great source of fiber. These small and crunchy nuts are excellent in Vitamins and minerals which helps our body to function properly. Edible seeds such as Chia seeds, Flax seeds, Sunflower Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds. These seeds are versatile & can be eaten raw or can be combined easily in a variety of recipes.
Here are some reasons why you should add Organic edible seeds in your daily diet
- They are a good source of dietary fiber which keeps your digestion healthy.
- They are rich in selenium, copper, zinc & magnesium, which is crucial for our body.
- They reduce the risk of cancer & keep cholesterol level in check.
- They provide good fat which helps in maintaining brain function and nitrify the blood cells.
- It helps to reduce the inflammation in the body.
Heading: Health Benefits of Organic edible seeds
- Sunflower Seeds– These seeds are high in healthy fats, selenium, & copper which promotes better heart health lowers down inflammation. These inexpensive seeds contain Vitamin B1 that keeps our body active by providing enough energy. These Organic edible seeds have high levels of both saturated and Omega-6 fats, and may remit cholesterol levels. The magnesium in them helps in maintaining nerves and also impedes muscle cramps, hypertension and migraine. It is studied that a person who consumes sunflower seeds more than five times per week has a low level of C-reactive protein(CRP) which is a key chemical involved in inflammation.
- Flax seeds– Flax seeds or ‘Alsi’ are also called ‘Functional food’ because flax seeds aid in boosting our health and digestion. These edible seeds are brown in color with a hard crunchy covering loaded with profuse benefits. These tiny & crunchy seeds are high and rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which are best for vegans because we find the highest omega in salmon, but the one who doesn’t consume non vegetarian, flax seeds is the best source. Flax seeds are in the list of ‘superfoods’ because of their properties and nutrition. They are loaded with enough fiber which aids in weight loss. Having Flax seeds daily lower down cholesterol level, risk of cancer and may cure diabetics. Omega-3 is a must for every person because it lowers down the risk of instant cardiac arrest, lessens blood pressure, and also works as anti-ageing for the skin.
- Pumpkin seeds– Pumpkin seeds are shell free seeds which are flat, green and oval in shape. These Organic edible seeds contain high amount of antioxidant and good amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids, potassium & vitamin B2. In the study it is revealed that women in their postmenopausal who consumes pumpkin seeds daily have lower risk of breast cancer. These crunchy seeds enhance prostate and bladder health, and may improve heart health. Pumpkin seeds are the best natural sources of magnesium which helps in controlling blood pressure, maintaining healthy bones and regulating blood sugar level. According to studies, the high zinc content in Pumpkin seeds may improve sperm quality and fertility in men.
- Chia seeds– These Black seeds are similar to Flax seeds as they are also a good source of Fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids. The fiber in chia seeds is not common, when it mixes with digestive juices in the gut it forms like gel which keeps you full for a longer period. Regular consumption of Chia seeds may reduce blood sugar and appetite. The Omega-3 fatty acids are effective in reducing the risk of heart disease.
These seeds help in weight loss and provide strong antioxidant activity, also enhancing the overall health and wellbeing.
- Sesame seeds- These seeds contain a high amount of lignans also the best known dietary source of lignans just like flax seeds. Lignans protect our body against cancer by blocking enzymes that are involved in hormone metabolism. These seeds may help in reducing inflammation and oxidative stress, and improve lower blood cholesterol in post menopausal women. Consuming Sesame seeds daily reduces muscle damage and increases aerobic capacity. Sesame seeds both black and white is a substitute dairy free source of calcium which is essential for building robust bones and ensuring healthy muscle function.
Heading: Different ways of adding Organic Edible seeds in your recipes and diet.
- Supplement your bowl of oats or cereals with chia and take your breakfast nutrition to the next level.
- Add chia to your yogurt or curd which provides fiber and healthy fats and fuels your body till the next meal.
- Activate your smoothies with these hydrophilic seeds which will keep you alert and hydrated the whole day.
- Bake chia seeds in pancakes and or muffins for maximum nutrition with taste.
- Garnish your healthy soup with flax seeds for a crunchy taste.
- Supplement grounded flax seeds to the batter of cake, muffins, and pancake.
- Sprinkle flax seeds over cereals or club them with oatmeal.
- Combine grounded Flax seeds with fruits and yogurt.
- Club your oatmeal or sprinkle them on soups for a crunchy taste.
- Toss them on the salads
- Grind them and add it to your burger patties for that nutty flavor.
- Bake them with muffins, pancakes or cupcakes.
- Sprinkle them on your sandwich for better taste and nutrition.
- Try them in salads, muffins and rice cake.
- Club them in homemade ice cream for that nutty flavor
- Layer them between yogurt, overnight oatmeal and cereals.
- Top them on cooked vegetables.
- Toss them in soup and salads.
- Club them in sandwich filling to augment the taste and nutrition.
- Sprinkle them on cooked Dalia or rice.
Chia, flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds are in superfood status which are loaded with profuse nutrition and benefits. Club them in your daily diet for a healthy body with maximum nutrition. Consume 42-45 g seeds or 3 tablespoons of mixed seeds daily.