Today for most couples, conceiving a child is the major challenge. No matter how much they try to extend their family, some people have to experience medical conditions, making conception difficult. However, with the advancement in technology, there is a better chance of getting pregnant through a fertility clinic. As you move on the journey towards having your kids, you should know the main causes of infertility. Here are the top causes of infertility:
- Sperm count and motility – This is one of the commonest fertility issues in men. Low sperm count and low motility of the sperm are the causes of infertility in men. A semen analysis is done to detect the issue, and if found, true medicines are given in the fertility clinic to boost the sperm count and their motility.
- Varicoceles – Varicoceles is a term that refers to the condition that contributes to the abnormal sperm count. For example – large veins in man’s testicles make it overheat, which adversely affects the sperm.
- Medical conditions – Sometimes, medical conditions like trauma, infections, and other testicular issues may cause infertility in men. Serious conditions like cystic fibrosis and diabetes may also affect the fertility of men. Chemotherapy in cancer may also play a key role in the infertility of men. Visiting a good fertility clinic can help in restoring your health and making you fertile.
- Endometriosis – When normal tissue of the uterus begins to grow on the outside, the condition is called Endometriosis. It can affect the ovaries, fallopian tissue, and other tissue in the pelvis, making it difficult to get pregnant. Sometimes cysts may also develop on the organs responsible for the conception. You can visit an IVF treatment centre to get infertility treatment to make your dream of having a baby true.
- Tubal patency – Fallopian tubes are a very important part of the female reproductive system, but they can be blocked or swollen, affecting the women’s chance of getting pregnant. To find out the condition of the fallopian tubes, x-rays are done.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome – PCOS is a condition that causes irregular ovulation in females. The condition is caused due to hormonal imbalance. This ovary becomes larger, and small cysts develop on the outer side of it. Treatment includes medication to regulate menstruation.
- Compromised Uterus – In healthy pregnancies, a women’s uterus keeps the unborn baby safe till the baby is not delivered. Sometimes when the physical structure of the uterus is compromised, conceiving becomes difficult. A transvaginal ultrasound can help you in identifying an underlying issue of the uterus like fibroids. You can visit a fertility clinic in Chennai to take the fertility test to find out what’s keeping you from getting pregnant.
The above list doesn’t include all the causes of infertility, but it includes the most common culprits behind infertility. Though it’s appalling to see the high numbers of infertile couples, at least in the last few years, many studies have been conducted to find out the cause of infertility.