QuickBooks users can add receipts, bills, etc., to the customers; you can also add other transaction documents by scanning and adding them through the QuickBooks scan manager. However, users often face a glitch “QuickBooks Scan Manager not working,” “QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected,” or QuickBooks Scan Manager Error 281, etc. This article mentions some of the most effective solutions that will help you to eliminate this error.
Has the QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working error completely overtaken your system? Don’t worry. Get immediate assistance from our experts by calling us at +1(855)-738-0359.
Easy Troubleshooting Solutions for QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working Issue
The following solutions can help you rectify QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working error.
Solution 1: Scan QuickBooks Scan Manager using Scan to Rectify the Error
You can scan the check scanner for QuickBooks by implementing these steps:
- First, double-click the QB Desktop icon while you hold the Ctrl key alongside, then keep holding this key until the No Company Window pops up on the screen.
- Now select the option to Open a sample company file and click the Company menu.
- Now choose documents, followed by the Doc center, select the option to Scan a document, then hit the Select option.
- Next, follow it up by opting for the TSScan option, then scan and attach a document to the sample file and then exit from there.
- Lastly, you need to scan a document from QuickBooks and ensure that the error is fixed.
Recommended To Read : QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Solution 2: Repair the QuickBooks application to Tackle the Error
Our second solution is to repair the QB app for any issues or errors it might have. Do so as follows:
- First, navigate to the Control Panel on your device, then choose the Programs and Features section.
- Next, select QuickBooks from the list of installed programs, then choose Uninstall/ Change option and continue.
- Next, choose the Repair option, tap Next, then implement the repair scanning and hit Finish once done.
- Lastly, restart your system and go back to the app to see if errors persist.
Solution 3:Delete the scan profile and create a new one to Rectify the Error.
The user profile might be incorrect or causing issues due to corruption, so delete and create a new one as follows:
- First, head to the Company menu in the QuickBooks application, then opt for the Documents option and select Doc Center.
- Choose to Scan a Document and hit the old scan profile, then select the Delete option to delete this profile from the scan manager.
- Return to the Doc Center in the documents section, then tap on Scan a document and select New to create a new profile with a new name.
- Hit Continue for the correct configuration settings, then in the end, save the new profile and check for the error.
As we conclude the article here, we hope that you were successfully able to rectify QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working issue. Nonetheless, if the error continues to prompt, then our experts can provide you with an alternative solution; just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.
Read Also : unable to print checks in QuickBooks