QuickBooks error 15240 may prompt when you attempt to download any update for the software. This error code might also hamper the work and can be experienced often.QuickBooks Error code 15240 interrupts the payroll update and gives the User an error message “Error 15240: The payroll update failed to finish. You can fix QuickBooks issue 15240 by using some of the simple fixes that we’ll mention in this article.
If you encounter any kind of issue while following these steps, then don’t worry. Our experts can help you; just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.
Quick Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks Error 15240
You need to implement the following solutions very carefully to rectify QuickBooks Error Message 15240.
Solution 1: Change the QB User to Rectify QuickBooks Enterprise Error 15240
It can be possible that the present user account in QB is damaged, invalid, or doesn’t have the required permissions to make changes.
- First, head to the Company section and choose Set up Users and Passwords, followed by Set Up Users.
- For QB Enterprise users, you need to go to the Company section and opt for the Users option.
- Now, select Set up Users and Roles and select Add User, enter the username and other credentials, and hit Next.
- Do not use the damaged user name here, and customize the user details as necessary.
- Click Finish and go to the File menu. Tap Close Company/ Logoff.
- Lastly, enter into QB with the new credentials and conduct operations to see if the error remains.
Solution 2: Utilize SFC Scan to Rectify QuickBooks Error 15240
SFC, also known as System File Checker, can aid you in scanning the system files and resolving common Windows errors.
- First, launch the Run command by hitting the Windows and R keys together.
- In the run window, type cmd to launch the command prompt window, then use the CMD window as an administrator.
- Type SFC/Scannow in the Command Prompt box. When it emerges, hit Enter and let the system file checker scan.
- Diagnose the system files, and hopefully, the error will get resolved after this solution.
Solution 3: Fix Registry Errors to Eliminate the Error
QuickBooks Error 15240 may prompt due to a corrupt Windows registry, and you can fix this problem with the program update through the following steps:
- Tap the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu and type CMD as a command in the search field, and press Enter.
- Wait for the Command Prompt results to appear, and when it does, instead of opening it, hit Ctrl and Shift keys together.
- Simultaneously double-click the CMD window, and a permission dialog box will emerge.
- Tap OK, and you will arrive at a blank black window with a flashing cursor.
- Type regedit here, press Enter and when a window pops up, access the File menu.
- Hit the Export option, head to the Save in the list, and opt for a particular folder where you can save the error-related QB Desktop registry key.
- Now, open the File Name box and give a name to the backup file.
- Head to the Export Range box and check the Selected Branch option, then save these settings by clicking the Save option.
- Make sure the.reg extension is used while saving the file. Then, you have the backup of QB error-related entries.