Issues while accessing the QuickBooks directory can cause problems while writing to the file, which can lead to the QuickBooks error 1310. This error code can arise while updating or installing QuickBooks Desktop and can get triggered due to common reasons, like inadequate admin rights and anunregistered Microsoft installer. If you are encountering QuickBooks error code 1310, you can use the detailed steps given below to eliminate the issue once and for all.
If you are having trouble while performing the steps, or the given process seems cumbersome, you can take direct assistance from our QB experts instead of tackling the issue on your own by reaching out to us at 1-855-856-0042.
Possible Reasons & Scenarios Leading to the QuickBooks Desktop Error 1310
The following common causes & factors might be responsible for QuickBooks error message 1310 –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop installation process might be faulty, or the installation files might be corrupted, which is interfering with the process, and making it unsuccessful.
- The hard drive containing your QB application might be damaged, corrupted, or experiencing bad sectors, and the drive might not have ample space to sustain QB.
- You do not have sufficient folder access permissions for QB, and you are not running the application with Windows admin privileges.
- The Microsoft Windows installer utility might be damaged, corrupted, or unregistered, which is causing issues while installing and updating the QB Desktop application.
Recommended to read : Why This Company File Needs To Be Updated
How to Reliably Terminate QuickBooks Installation Error 1310?
QuickBooks writing to file error 1310 can be successfully removed with the help of the methods given below –
Method 1 – Reregister Windows Installer and Grant Full Admin Access from the Command Prompt
You need to ensure that the Windows installer is running correctly with proper admin access to rectify QB error code 1310.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to the Search Programs and Files section and run the msiexec/unreg command, followed by hitting Enter.
- Now, go back to the Start menu and run the regserver command to reregister the Windows installer, followed by typing the Command Prompt and selecting the Run as Admin option.
- From the appeared Command Prompt window, type /Config.msi/, and hit Enter, followed by upgrading QuickBooks to check if the 1310 error is dismissed.
Method 2 – Activate the Diagnostic Utility of the Tool Hub to Run a QB Installation Repair
You need to ensure that QuickBooks is correctly installed and resolve the issues with the QB install diagnostic tool.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub to go to the Installation Issues section and choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option to initiate an installation repair process for QB.
- Let the tool detect and rectify general installation errors, and once done, rerun QuickBooks and try to update the application to check the status of the 1310 error code.
You can easily rectify QuickBooks error 1310 by using the detailed steps mentioned above. In case these methods are unsuccessful in eliminating the issue, you can take professional assistance with the issue by calling our QB experts at 1-855-856-0042.
You may read also : I am getting QuickBooks Error H303