If your QuickBooks is showing a message: “This company file is on another computer, & QB needs some help connecting.”, then you have bumped into QuickBooks error H303. An H-series error pops up when something is blocking the QB multi-user connection to the server. Moreover, If you are not able to configure your company file in the multi-user mode, an irregular network between the server computer & workstations, .ND file is damaged, and misconfigured firewall settings in your PC are all the major reasons that usually give rise to error H303. If you want effective solutions to rectify these problems, keep reading this article.
Not taking quick action to reverse this tricky error will stop your QuickBooks program.
If you are not in the situation to lend time for implementing the solutions, then call at 1-855-856-0042.
Why Am I Facing Problem with Multi-User Mode Set-Up?
If you are also facing a similar problem due to the QuickBooks error code H303, then try these Quick Fixes and get rid of it promptly:
Quick Fix 1: Using the QB Database Server Manager on the Server
Your server system is the main system where the company file is hosted, and all the workstations are connected to it.
For QB Tool Hub
- If you have already installed the QB Tool Hub, then go straight for QB Database Server Manager. If not, follow the steps below:
- Start by closing the QuickBooks program.
- Then, get the latest version from the Official Intuit website & save the File on your PC.
- Now, you’ll see some instructions on your screen to install the Tool Hub.
- Lastly, open the Tool Hub from the Desktop screen.
For QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Choose the Network Issues under the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager & from there, click on Start Scan.
- In case you don’t see the company file, Browse from the company file to Start Scan.
- When the scanning process is done, choose Close, as the Database Server Manager will repair the damages.
- Lastly, open the infected workstation with the H203 error, and from the QB application,
- go to the File & click on Switch to Multi-user Mode.
Recommended to read : How to Update QuickBooks Desktop
Quick Fix 2: Verifying if the server system is the only one hosting the Multi-user mode
When you specifically see error code H303, it means that one or more of the workstations are also hosting the company file. Therefore, you should double-check for the Host Multi-User Access should not be the option selected in the workstations.
- Open your QB application on any one of the workstations
- Then, choose the File menu, and from there, choose the Utilities option.
- Now, carefully verify that if you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, then click on it.
- Then, repeat the above steps for all the other workstations with QB error code H303.
Check the Server System
- Open the application and go to the File tab.
- Now, click on Utilities option, and if you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, then the server system is not the problem.
- In case the option of Host Multi-User Access is there, click on it to enable it.
Ignoring the QuickBooks error H303 & thinking that it might get resolved by itself will be a huge mistake. So, follow all the steps exactly and eliminate the issue. However, if you are someone new to handling QuickBooks and get confused with technical troubleshooting, then call at 1-855-856-0042 and talk to qualified professionals.
You may read also : How to fix QuickBooks Data Migration Services