An aviation lawyer is a professional lawyer who deals with aviation-related legal matters. Aviation lawyers have hands-on expertise in this area of the law, making them better able to cope with complicated aviation rules and procedures than non-specialized lawyers. Many aviation attorneys are also certified, pilots. As a result, aviation attorneys are well-versed in:
- Airport security
- Aviation regulation
- Aircraft operation
- Rules and regulations governing flight safety
An aviation attorney can represent you in legal proceedings with the Government Aviation Administration and other federal authorities. Aviation attorneys may also handle the following claims and issues:
- Personal injury lawsuits
- Concerns about insurance coverage
- Wrongful death lawsuits
Who Needs an Aviation Lawyer?
If you have a problem with aviation law, you may consult with an aviation lawyer who has the necessary expertise and experience. Individuals and entities such as the following may be engaged in aviation-related agreements and litigation:
- Facilities for maintenance
- Controllers of aircraft
- Manufacturers of aircraft
- Owners of aircraft
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
What Does an Aviation Lawyer Do?
The aviation lawyer in Maryland can help you with commercial aviation issues such as acquiring or selling an aircraft. A lawyer who specializes in aviation law may also work on lawsuits concerning aviation accidents.
Complex processes and transactions are involved in business aviation. Financing, acquiring, selling, or leasing aircraft might result in financial disagreements, needing litigation and skilled counsel from an aviation lawyer. An aviation lawyer can assist with the following issues in business aviation:
- Foreclosure of airport liens
- Insurance coverage issues
- Partnership disagreements
- Claims for warranty
If you are buying an aeroplane, you should consult with an aviation lawyer. The aviation lawyer in Maryland can assist you in structuring the ownership and management of the aircraft so that:
- Comply with the regulations of the FAA and the US Department of Transportation.
- Reduce your responsibility.
- Taxes should be kept to a minimum, while tax deductions should be maximized.
If you are engaged in an aircraft accident, an aviation lawyer can be a helpful resource. Lawyers for aviation accidents can:
Investigate the circumstances around the cause of an aviation accident.
When determining the cause of an accident, review accident and incident records such as:
- Pilot blunder
- Problems with the aircraft’s construction or design
- Regulation violations by the Federal aviation administration
- Defective equipment
- Negligence on the part of air traffic controllers
- Employees at a flight service station were negligent.
Filing lawsuits to have a jury or judge decide a case’s result
Negotiate settlements with the person at fault in an accident.
Aviation attorneys frequently act as part of a team of specialists to examine incidents involving aircraft or helicopters. They may work on instances involving aircraft mishaps that occur all over the world. In addition to aviation attorneys, teams investigating these matters may comprise the following individuals:
- Mathematicians who work in the field of applied mathematics
- Other legal professionals