Selenium is an open source automated testing collection for web applications through different browsers and platforms. It is quite related to HP Quick Test Pro (QTP now UFT) only that efforts on automating web-based applications. Testing completed using automation tool is usually higher as Selenium Testing. Automation is not just a single tool but a suite of software’s, each providing to different testing needs of an organization.
Must read :- Top 10 Reasons To Learn Selenium
Blow Selenium four components.
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Remote Control (RC)
Why Choose Integrated Development Environment (IDE):
To learn about thoughts on automated testing including:
- Selenese commands such as type, open, click And Wait, assert, verify etc.
- Locating system such as id, name, xpath, css selector etc.
- Spreading test cases in many formats.
- To create tests with tiny or no previous knowledge in programming.
- To create simple test cases and test groups that you can transfer later to RC or WebDriver.
- To test a web application against Chrome and Firefox only.
Why Choose RC:
- To plan a test using a more sensitive language than Selenese
- To run your test beside different browsers (except HtmlUnit) on different operating systems (OS).
- To organize your tests across multiple backgrounds using Grid.
- To test web applications with composite AJAX-based developments.
Why Choose WebDriver :
- To use an assured programming language in planning your test case.
- To test applications that are amusing in AJAX-based functionalities.
- To perform tests on the HtmlUnit browser.
- To create personalized test results.
Why Choose Selenium Grid:
- To run your RC scripts in various browsers and operating systems separately.
- To run a massive test suite, that prerequisites to complete in the soonest time possible.
Note: Selenium version 2 combined the best features of RC & WebDriver The latest release Selenium 3 has new additional features and functionalities
Scope of Selenium in Automation Testing:
As extreme as automation testing is concerned, Selenium Automation Testing is leading in the open market as of now. Being Open source software, folks who are interested in Selenium automation testing can learn in a better way to find their place in top organizations. Selenium automation testing has an inclusive scope and its future is as sharp as tools are developing to make and support Linux, Windows and OSX. There are different selenium training offered in a professional manner to learn more clearly about Selenium testing web driver scripts and its frameworks. The future is with trained test automation engineers. They need to know more concepts and artificial intelligence (AI) as a part of programming tools and languages.
What are the limitations of Selenium?
Below are the limitations of Selenium:
- Selenium Automation supports testing of only web-based applications
- Mobile applications cannot be tested expending Selenium
- Captcha and Barcode readers cannot be tested expending Selenium
- Reports can only be generated spending third-party tools like TestNG or JUnit.
- As automation tool, thus there is no ready retailer support through the user can find many helping communities.
- The user is estimated to keep prior programming language knowledge.
What will you learn in Selenium Training?
- Selenium automated testing benefits
- Learn Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- Deploying Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE) functions and commands
- Sikuli, JUnit & Testing plugin in eclipse
- Object Source and Maven
- Deft Introduction about Selenium WebDriver
- WebDriver programs like Text-box, Check-box and multiple Windows
- Using Selenium Grid for software testing program
If you want make your career in automation testing field, Selenium one of the best option for you. You can learn from SSDN Technologies one of top institute for Selenium Training in Gurgaon.