While operating QuickBooks, some issues can come up suddenly and hamper the regular working of the application. QuickBooks display issues are very common among QB users and prevent them from interacting with the application’s interface. This problem can occur due to various reasons, like incorrect screen resolutions. If you are experiencing QuickBooks black and white screen while working on your program, you can follow the reasons and solutions provided below to eliminate it effectively.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical team.
What are the Common Causes for QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues?
QuickBooks Online display issues can occur due to the following common reasons –
- Your default Windows settings are incorrect, and the DPI is set above 100%.
- The display settings are not correctly set up, and the screen resolution needs to be modified.
- The transaction form you are trying to access is not compatible with the screen size.
- Incorrectly configured view preferences settings can also cause display issues in QuickBooks.
- You are displaying all applications in a compatibility view rather than a normal view.
- The video card drivers are not updated to the recent release, and they have become obsolete.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks backup failed
Eliminating QuickBooks Window Size Problem in Minutes
You can easily resolve QuickBooks 2022 display issues by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Modify the Screen Resolution to Make it Compatible with QuickBooks
You need the right screen resolution settings to get rid of the QuickBooks fonts too small error.
- Right-click on your Desktop and select the Display option to edit the settings.
- Select Advanced Display Settingsfrom the left pane and if there are multiple displays attached, click Display and choose the display you want to change.
- Go to the Resolution section and select the screen resolution from the appeared options.
- Click on 1024 x 668 or Higher and apply the changes by clicking on Keep the Changes.
- Lastly, rerun QuickBooks to check if the desktop display issues are eliminated.
This step is for Windows 10 users; for other versions, you need to follow their specific steps.
Solution 2 – Adjust the DPI Settings from the Start Menu
You need to ensure that the DPI settings are correctly set to avoid screen problems in QuickBooks.
- From the Windows Startmenu, search for QuickBooks and right-click the icon to select the Open File Location
- Right-click the exe file and select Propertiesto go to the Compatibility tab.
- Next, select the Disable display scaling on high DPI settingsoption and click on Change high DPI settings to override the scaling behavior.
- Lastly, click on Applyand save the modifications, followed by running QuickBooks and checking the status of the display error.
QuickBooks display issues can be easily tackled by using the steps given in this blog. If the error message persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our QB ProAdvisor professional team.