On the Windows 10 computer, the most recent version of the Malwarebytes security program is not able to be installed, resulting in being unable to install due to the message “An error occurred”. After some research, I found out that the Malwarebytes install error “An error occurred” occurs when an older version of the program was installed but not removed properly.
Each computer should be outfitted with an antivirus recognized by the industry to safeguard you from dangers. Malwarebytes Antimalware is a cutting-edge antivirus that detects and eradicates Trojans and rootkits, worms, red as well as spyware, and other malware that can be harmful to your computer. In order to install and set up Malwarebytes Antimalware on your PC Follow these simple and clearly illustrated steps.
How to fix Malwarebytes installation “An error occurred” Problem:
Remove your Malwarebytes directory
- Start your File Explorer and browse to folder C: Program Files.
- Eliminate your Malwarebytes directory.
- Install Malwarebytes. In general, the installation process is carried without difficulty.
Get rid of earlier versions of Malwarebytes by using the Malwarebytes support tool. Malwarebytes Support tool.
- Download and start this Malwarebytes Support tool.
- Accept the license agreement, then click Next.
- On the left side, select Advanced, and then Clean.
- Click Yes to eliminate all Malwarebytes products and then click OK to restart your PC.
- After restarting, install Malwarebytes.
Reinstall Malwarebytes application again
Some may think that reinstalling the Malwarebytes program is enough to resolve issues with service connections. Take note that for those who have been registered with Malwarebytes Pro Pro Version of Malwarebytes you may need to take some additional steps.
- Before you start any action, be sure to obtain your identification number and Malwarebytes key, if needed. Pasting or copying data into an eraser or Word document is a viable alternative.
- The first step is to have to launch Malwarebytes and navigate into the Settings. Within the Advanced Settings section, make sure that the Enable self-protection module checkbox is not selected.
- Go into “My Account” and then “Disable”. Then disable Malwarebytes.
- Visit the Malwarebytes website to download MBAM-clean.exe.
- Close all running programs and make sure that your antivirus software is not running. Find this file MBAM-clean.exe and then start the program. Follow the directions that provide you with the program and then restart your computer when you are asked to do so.
- When your computer has restarted, you can visit the Malwarebytes website to download the most recent version of Malwarebytes.
- If you’re using Malwarebytes, remove”Evaluation version” and then uncheck the “Evaluation version” box and paste your credentials into the program in case they are there.