The gig economy has recently experienced a comeback as the younger generation opts for a more diverse, adaptable, and unpredictable career path over more conventional options. And it goes without saying that modern mobile technology and fresh applications that link gig workers and potential clients have greatly accelerated this change in mentality.
The covid pandemic is one more significant component contributing to this effect (needless to say). Gig employment has proven to be advantageous for both businesses and employees. Businesses are discovering that using contract workers reduces their overhead expenses for office space and equipment and increases their recruitment flexibility.
Nothing, perhaps, stands out as much in terms of influence as the mainstreaming of the hitherto marginalized gig economy in India, as the novel coronavirus caused enterprises all over the world to reevaluate their operational approach. The gig workforce has grown steadily over the last few years in particular, and this trend seems to be here to stay. As in the most troublesome situations, you have still got to work, for yourself, and for your family. For this, gigrr has always been there helping the country to find the best and most reliant companies with temporary jobs and gigs. Join us by downloading Gigrr’s app and you can also find us online on our website.
Businesses are discovering that using contract workers reduces their overhead expenses for office space and equipment and increases their recruitment flexibility. Workers benefit from flexible hours, a variety of jobs, and the opportunity to increase their income by taking on additional jobs.
How can the gig economy change the Indian way of living?
- Due to this, occupations are now much more flexible and contract-based rather than regular and permanent, and businesses frequently hire these individuals rather than full-time workers who are paid on a monthly basis.
- After the pandemic, MNCs are implementing flexible recruiting practices, particularly for specialized projects, to cut operational costs.
- Although the percentage of gig workers is currently quite low (75% + companies have a headcount of 10% gig workers), this percentage is anticipated to rise soon.
- Now, coming to one of the most untouched topics, the Indian women- on work. Approximately 71% of Indian men who are 15 years of age and older are employed. However, just 22% of the country’s female population holds a job.
- With this information, it is apparent that the expansion of technology in the workplace will undoubtedly give women the upper hand and balance this ratio. There is a clear need to “re-engineer education and media” if individuals are to effectively utilize these new technologies and participate in the new-age economy, especially women, the underbanked, and those from less privileged backgrounds. Here at gigrr, we can assist you along this process. Download the gigrr app for knowing the details of how to go about the whole process.
- You can definitely see that by this, you can bring a transformation in the Indian way of living, and women, will not only sit at home and cook but will work along with all of that, giving their life a productive approach.
- Another impact it could make on the Indian way of living is the new era of men sitting at home. Sounds funny, doesn’t it? It might sound like a shocker to some people but more than about 60% of Indian households have had issues due to the pandemic when the men were supposed to stay at home. This is because the Indian way and standards of living always held men the crown of the outer world, and the women, the crown of the house. This could cause a lot of changes.
What will be the impact of the gig economy on India’s business landscape?
- Up to 90 million jobs in India, or 10% of the country’s 900 million people, could be sufficed by gig workers in the near future. And there is massive space for growth for this workforce, which potentially contributes as much as 1.25% to India’s GDP.
- The gig economy will be a fundamental building block in inclusively achieving the above goalpost, shutting the income and unemployment void, as India works towards its voiced goal of becoming a $5 trillion economy by 2025.
- An increase in outlets for freelancing has also contributed to the development of the gig economy. numerous domestic platforms. access to highly qualified independent contractors From 80 in 2009 to 330 in 2021, the number of freelancing platforms has dramatically expanded. These platforms offer a clientele that includes Fortune 500 firms in addition to start-ups.
What is the importance of social security for gig workers?
- It is important to remember that despite the fast expanding numbers, India’s gig economy is still in its infancy and faces a number of difficulties.
- Until recently, the workforce’s job rights, such as minimum salaries, health benefits, sick days, and other benefits, were insufficient. They have now been incorporated in the range of the Code on Social Security, which equips them with social security advantages, to fill this vacuum.
- Employers must take into account the gig workforce’s insurance and social duties in addition to their tax obligations.
- You can connect with the best platforms like gigrr. We help you approach the finest and most trustworthy companies for gigs and temporary jobs. Go on the gigrr website and read all about us.
How can Gigrr help you?
As one of the most trusted groups, we are always available for our customers assisting them in all the aspects of a healthy environment. You can always reach out to us through our website, call us on our contact number, email us or download the gigrr app and check out the amazing features that we are providing, all for you.
The End Line
Without a huge workforce of full-time employees, organizations will be forced to become more agile. To fill up their workforce gaps, leaders will need to tap into the world’s talent pools, and gig workers will complete these tasks under short-term agreements. With automation thrown into the equation, it is clear that the labour market will be unpredictable.