Cancer. The mere word sends chills down the spine. If that’s what it does to adults, one can only imagine what a terror it would be for a child.
Pediatric oncologists attend to children or teens who are diagnosed with a blood disease or cancer. They examine patients, order and analyze tests, and suggest treatments. Once the diagnosis indicates cancer, they ensure that everything, right from the treatment plan to the general care of the child is monitored.
In this article, we will look at:
- Reasons to visit the best pediatric oncologist in Delhi
- Checklist to find the right pediatric oncologist
Why visit a pediatric oncologist in Delhi?
The only reason to visit a pediatric oncologist is if your child is diagnosed with cancer or any blood disease. Generally, it is your child’s doctor who recommends an oncologist for your child’s treatment.
To recognize the symptoms of pediatric cancer can be a tad difficult. However, if your child experiences the following symptoms, it is advised to see the best pediatric oncologist in Delhi:
- Bone pain or joint pain
- Weakness and fatigue
- Weight loss or bleeding – this may indicate early signs of leukemia
- Vomiting, dizziness, or headache
- Balance problems – this indicates a possibility of brain tumor
- Excessively droopy eyelids or dark circles under the eyes
- Any other bodily pain could indicate neuroblastoma or cancer of the nervous system
While there could many other factors which may cause the above symptoms, it is best to visit a pediatric oncologist at the earliest.
How to find the right pediatric oncologist?
There are many factors to consider while finding the right pediatric oncologist. Since cancer is rare in children as compared to adults, it is important that you do all the research you can on some of the best pediatric oncologists in Delhi.
Here’s a checklist that can come in handy as you set out to find the best oncologist for your child.
- Ask for referrals from your child’s pediatrician
- Compare doctors’ credentials online
- Ensure if the pediatric oncologist is taking new patients
- Interact with the doctor’s support staff
- Make an appointment with the doctor for a one-on-one session
As mentioned earlier, the best pediatric oncologist in Delhi doesn’t just help guide you and your child through treatment, they also ensure that your child is taken proper care of. During the entire course of your child’s treatment, ensure that you ask as many questions as you want to be well-aware of the risk and benefits of the treatment. Your child’s oncologist will not only offer you helpful guidance but will also ensure that your child and you have a safe journey through cancer.