Dismiss QuickBooks Error H202 with Reliable Solutions
Among the many H series errors, QuickBooks error H202 is the most common one. This error code can arise while accessing or working on the company file. Issues with the company file can prevent users from accessing the data and can lead to data loss. This error code can arise due to many possible reasons, like issues with the multi-user mode. If you are getting QuickBooks error code H202, you can follow the solutions given below to address it reliably.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical team.
Possible Causes for QuickBooks Desktop Error H202
QuickBooks error message H202 can arise due to the following common reasons –
- The hosting settings on your QB Desktop are not correctly set, and you need to modify them.
- Windows firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server to access the company file.
- Your host’s IP address or the server name is not correct or unavailable.
- Essential QuickBooks services, like the QBCFMonitorService and the QuickBooks database service, are not running correctly or might be inactive.
- The network data file used for QuickBooks is either damaged or corrupted.
- The DNS settings are incorrect, and you need to modify it to access the company file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 12157
Convenient Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Company File Error H202
QuickBooks multi-user error H202 can be easily eliminated by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Activate Network Discovery and Search for your Server Name
You can rectify the QB error code H202 by activating the network discovery and looking for your server name.
- Open the Windows Start menu on your server and workstations, and type Network in the search box.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center and choose the Change Advanced Sharing Settings option.
- Choose the Turn on Network Discovery option from the Network, File & Printer Sharing sections.
- Next, go back to the start menu, and type Run into the search box to access the Run command.
- Type CMD into the Run window, and type ipconfig/all into the CMD window, followed by hitting Enter.
- Search the Host Name in the Windows IP Configuration section from the right panel and make a note of it to access it quickly.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6150
Solution 2 – Run the QB File Doctor Tool to Mend the Company File Corruption
If you are facing company file issues in QuickBooks, you can activate the QB file doctor tool from the tool hub.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Company File Issues tab to access the QB File Doctor tool.
- Run the tool and browse your company file to select the Check your File and Network option, and run a repair.
- Once the tool stops running, rerun QuickBooks to check the status of the H202 error code.
QuickBooks error H202 can be easily resolved by using the solutions given in this blog. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of experts.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1722