QBCFMonitorService is an important program file of QB Desktop found under the QuickBooks installation directory. Commonly qbcfmonitorservice.exe file is located in the C:Program FilesCommon FileIntuitQuickBooks folder. Furthermore, this file is used to access the multi-user mode, which is crucial to maintain communication between the server computer hosting the QB company file & the workstations connected with it. However, when due to various factors, the file can stop working & QB will start crashing automatically. It is when you stumble upon the QBCFMonitorService keeps stopping error in the application.
If your business operations have stopped due to this issue & you need a quick fix, then call at 1-855-856-0042.
Reasons provoking the “QBCFMonitorService Not Running on This Computer” Error in QB
The below-mentioned reasons are likely to be causing the issue to be seen in your QB application:
- When the server system is not configured properly where the QB is installed to host the company file.
- When you must have deleted the QB Database Manager Service file mistakenly.
- When the connection is disrupted between QB & the company files saved on the server due to third-party firewall settings.
- When the QBCFMonitorService is not starting due to malware or virus attacks.
Recommended to read : Why QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
3 Best Solutions to Resolve QBMonitorService Not Running Error
The following are the easy & effective solutions to eliminate the issue successfully:
Solution 1: Try restarting the QBCFMonitorService.exe
- Firstly, manually start the QBCFmonitorservice again.
- Now, to open the QB Task Manager, press & hold the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys.
- From the Task Manager, select the Processes menu.
- Then, choose the End Task option by right-clicking on the QBCmonitorservice process.
- Now, when the process is done, click on Yes to give your confirmation.
- Lastly, again open the QB program.
Solution 2: Check if the multi-user hosting is only on the server system.
The issue will likely appear if the hosting is tuned off on the server system. Follow the steps below carefully to check the hosting configuration.
- Select the File menu from the QB application.
- Then, choose Utilities option, and after that, choose the option that says Host Multi-User Access.
- Then select Yes after the confirmation box appears on the screen.
- Now, to make sure the hosting is only selected on the server computer, open any one of the workstations.
- From there, open the QB application & select the File tab.
- Now, from the File tab, choose Utilities.
- Under the Utilities:
- If the Switch to Single-User mode option is visible, it means the workstations are running under multi-user mode, which is causing issues. Click and change the option.
- If the Switch to multi-user mode option is visible, then the respective workstation is not creating any problem, so don’t change the option.
Read Also : I am getting QuickBooks Error 15311
Solution 3: Install recent updates for QuickBooks Database Manager Server
- In this step, start by looking for the latest releases for the Database Manager Server and update your QB application. Following is the list of new versions available:
- For QB Desktop 2018
- For QB Desktop 2019
- For QB Desktop 2020
- For QB Desktop 2021
- Now, in case you do not have the recent updates & patches installed, open your QB software.
- Then click on the Help menu & from there, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Then, from the Update Now tab, you must tick on all the QB features and releases.
- Then, instantly click on Get Updates. Wait until all the updates are downloaded.
- Lastly, restart the server system & all the workstations connected to it after you install the updates.
QBCFMonitorService keeps stopping error might also be seen when you run the QB Database Server Manager to set up in multi-user mode. By applying the multiple solutions above, try fixing the issue. If the solutions still do not help, call at 1-855-856-0042 and chat with the support team.
You may read also : I am getting QuickBooks Error 1310