Hair loss leading to sudden balding or hair thinning is a very upsetting problem that most men and women face nowadays. It can be a temporary or permanent condition that can be a result of a variety of factors like hormonal changes, heredity, normal part of aging, medical conditions, tight hairstyles, certain scalp treatments, some medications or supplements, stressful events, or radiation therapies on the head. With the effective Hair Loss Treatment in Bangalore performed at Charma Clinic, one can get back thick and radiant-looking hair with effective and advanced hair loss control treatments.
When people suffer from hair loss (alopecia), they turn to a doctor for help to stall or reverse hair loss. If you are facing an alopecia condition and looking for an effective, less invasive treatment with minimal side effects, then natural PRP hair loss therapy performed at Charma Clinic, is surely worth considering.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy has been gaining traction over the past few years as a promising innovative approach for the most challenging concern in dermatology: hair loss. Earlier, it has been used by doctors to accelerate healing in different body parts but recently it is a popular approach to promote hair growth and enjoy its benefits for up to a year. Here’s what you should know about PRP treatment to manage hair loss.
What is the connection between Platelet-enriched plasma and hair growth?
The human blood contains platelets as one of the primary components responsible for cell growth and regeneration. In platelet-rich plasma, the platelet concentration is 5 folds than the regular blood. This is useful as the platelets secrete natural growth factors and essential proteins which aids in wound healing and tissue regrowth.
When considering hair loss (especially androgenic alopecia that causes shrinkage of hair follicles), the PRP is locally administered into the scalp skin dermis to reach the hair roots. This may stimulate the dermal papilla cells (specialized population of hair cells) that plays a critical role in hair growth.
Who is advised to undergo PRP therapy for hair loss?
PRP treatment for hair loss is suitable for the following clients:
- Men and women who are facing early stages of hair loss in isolated areas of the scalp.
- Healthy individuals who do not have alopecia aereata, any kind of diseases (lupus or thyroid), active scalp infections or skin cancer, or blood disorders as using PRP injections could increase the risk of infections.
- Non-smokers and non-alcohol abusers
- People who have realistic expectations from the treatment and are not on medications like blood thinners or supplements that affect healing.
To know if you are an ideal candidate for hair transplant in Bangalore, schedule an appointment with the best PRP treatment doctor at Charma Clinic.
PRP treatment process:
Generally, PRP treatment for hair loss involves the following steps:
- A medical professional draws blood from the veins of the patient’s left arm and collects it in a centrifuge tube.
- The collected blood sample is centrifuged to spin the blood at a very high speed, thereby separating the components. At the end of the centrifuge process, the blood plasma rises to the top of the tube and the erythrocytes settle at the bottom. The lower part of the plasma is the PRP which is used further. Sometimes, blood is spun twice to increase the platelet concentration of the plasma.
- The health care provider extracts the PRP using a syringe.
- Then the hair loss doctor then injects the PRP into all the targeted areas (balding or hair thinning areas) across the patient’s scalp.
The entire process lasts for about an hour. About three sittings that are spaced one month apart may be required followed by maintenance sessions scheduled after every three to six months to keep up with the results.
- Refrain from smoking and alcohol consumption at least for 3 days.
- Use hair care products that nourish hair follicles and extend the effectiveness of the treatment resulting in healthier regrowth of hair. Avoid their usage for at least 6 hours after receiving PRP injections.
- Gently massage the scalp with oil to stimulate the scalp and encourage hair growth.
- Do not go for swimming, steam rooms, and saunas, and even avoid strenuous exercises for at least 2 days.
To know more about PRP hair loss treatment cost in Bangalore, schedule an appointment with the best dermatologist in Bangalore at Charma Clinic.