Dubai is the most vibrant emirate of the United Arab Emirates. Today, Dubai is one of the most developed business hubs with the most advanced infrastructure with world-class amenities in the world. Globalisation in the ’90s brought a sea of change in this once port city of UAE. With the growing scope of business in the international market, the UAE government made the easy of doing business in Dubai Mainland.
Are you determined to start a professional, commercial or branch office in the Dubai Mainland? DED offers several advantages to entrepreneurs, investors, and companies planning to form a Dubai business.
Today, with all the amenities in place, Dubai is growing as one of the fastest business hubs in the Middle East and doing business here is easier than ever. The Department of Economic Development (DED) is a legal body to help investors establish and grow their businesses. There are two jurisdictions in Dubai – Dubai mainland and Free Zones. Both offer a different set of advantages based on your business requirements, type of license and activities.
Why Mainland is the Most Preferred Option for Company Formation in Dubai?
Today, Dubai is one of the most popular business destinations and amongst the most sought-after tourist destinations in the world. Its strategic geographical location, large and open market, massive customer base, unparalleled infrastructural facilities, a supply of talented human resources from around the globe, and UAE’s investor-friendly policies makes it a perfect destination to start a business. In addition, the support of the Department of Economic Development is among the many facilities making the mainland business setup in Dubai an attractive choice.
Below are some of the factors that make Dubai Mainland most popular among business owners:
- Mainland Companies are free from corporate tax.
- Mainland companies can do business with other mainland companies in Dubai (UAE). They are permitted to conduct business anywhere they wish in the UAE or outside. This character of the mainland differentiates them from free zone companies. Freezone companies are allowed to do business within freezone only.
- Compared to free zone companies, mainland companies have more advantages for business activities. For example, free zones designated for a particular business category cannot entertain firms from any other category, except those closely related. However, there are no such restrictions for mainland companies, and they have permission to conduct business anywhere in the UAE, offering a broader reach of opportunities.
- Mainland companies can open their office anywhere in Dubai (UAE). With this, they can do business in the local market and set multiple branches, empowering them to build a more substantial presence in the UAE.
- Mainland companies can bid and work for government projects, whereas free zone companies cannot. They can engage in only private commercial work.
- With a Mainland license, you can obtain as many visas as you want. There are no restrictions on the number. However, the number depends on the availability of office space. The more office space you possess, the more visas you can obtain.
- There are no currency restrictions for Mainland companies.
- Full repatriation of capital and profits can be done.
- The registration process is simple.
- No need for a yearly audit.