12 Facts about Invisalign You Need to Know
Are you suffering from dental deformities and don’t want to go for metal braces? If yes, clear and removable aligners can prove to be a wise treatment option for you. It is a process of wearing transparent or invisible aligners that are meant to straighten and even out misaligned teeth. They don’t have any wires and brackets attached to them.
Here are some interesting facts about Invisalign that you must be unaware of:
- Invisible braces are generally expensive than regular ones. It is because these braces are designed as per the needs of the patient.
- Although invisible braces are convenient to wear and clean, they more or less insert similar pressure on the teeth like the metal braces.
- Dental deformities take time to correct, irrespective of the fact whether you go for traditional braces or Invisalign.
- Aligners are an effective dental treatment option. But they cannot be used to correct all the dental problems. Your orthodontist is the best person to determine if they are meant for you or not.
- You must always consult an experienced orthodontist to get aligners installed. The chances of success are high when experts are involved.
- The Invisalign trays are easily removable for eating or cleaning purposes. Make sure you clean them every time you remove them from your teeth.
- You see, invisible braces are special tools that are recommended for straightening the teeth. However, the success of the treatment entirely depends on the talent of the dentist.
- Invisalign treatments are successful only if you strictly follow the prescribed wearing time. Dentists suggest wearing these aligners for at least 22 hours in a day for effective results.
- Although Invisalign is transparent, it can affect your speech up to a certain limit. You might lisp in the first few days but will eventually regain your speech.
- If you wish to gain 100% results, make sure you keep your aligners clean and hygienic. Keeping them in their plastic case and cleaning your teeth thoroughly before wearing are the best practices.
- Certain beverages like coffee, wine, and soft drinks can stain your aligners. Moreover, if you are about to consume them, make sure you remove your Invisalign beforehand.
- Do you know that scratching can take away the shine of your aligners? Avoid cleaning them with abrasive brushes and cleaners. Instead, using a soft-bristled toothbrush will keep its texture intact.
These were some interesting facts about Invisalign that you must know before going for the treatment. Make sure you consult a reputed and experienced orthodontist for all your dental issues. Timely treatment can prevent many severe issues.